Anomalous Computer Response


6th of June 2021, I'm writing something with a Twitter user named @THP_22_22. It's the evening and I'm sat in my living room with my partner. 

I have a bad habit of having a cigarette under some circumstances; anxiety inducing situations like business meetings, social events, and sometimes when I'm just having a drink. It's not good and I'm constantly working to avoid having them even under those situations. Anyway, as stated, I was writing on my computer. Decided to go and feed the vice outside the house. Came back into the living room and was surprised to hear my computer making a noise. It was happening repetitively - a small sample over and over. 

I thought it odd enough that I took out my phone to record it:



(the creaking sound is my partner opening the living room door)

I then unlocked the computer and recorded a second video:


Checking the Spotify application, you can see that the song Short Change Hero by The Heavy is marked as playing. It's repeating the phrase "ain't no place" from the chorus. I close Spotify and the sample continues to repeat. 

Probably just a normal error with the PC, but i thought it an interesting enough anomaly to record here.

Comments

  1. Ain't no place for a cigarette ? Did this rang as synchronistic to you at this peculiar moment or was it pure randomness ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt no correlation to me having a cigarette.

      I thought the title of the song was weird, along with the repeating words. Almost felt mocking if anything.

      Delete

Post a Comment