Transformative Event

I want to use this blog to record anomalous events in my life and report them as best as I'm able to remember. These will not be shared on any social media, as don't want to draw too much attention to them. 

The event in this post details one of the strangest experiences of my life and has been transformative in how I view the so-called UFO phenomenon. I also realise that it may indicate some psychological problems. I want to share it regardless since it's been quite impactful personally. These types of events are also irregular enough that I'm not overly concerned about my mental health.


When my two older boys were younger, a friend and I used to take them, and his son, camping each summer over a several-year period. We usually take a few photos when we're travelling and I'm lucky enough to have a copy of a photograph that was taken the day before the event, in essentially the same seated position.


We were staying in a wooden cabin in the Dartmoor National Park in the UK. Seats were facing my friend on the other side of the table. When we were at the cabin the boys were quite often inside playing on their Nintendo Switch. The date of the photo above was the 21st of August 2018, but the event happened the following day, on the 22nd at around 10/11 am. During the morning.

It's difficult to report the event in much detail because it must have only been a few seconds long. I was sat with my friend facing me and we'd had a fairly late night the night before (you can see the rum bottle in the photo above!) and I was tired, as the kids had woken us up early.

Essentially, I had nodded off in a seated position for what must have been a very brief few seconds. My perceptions were altered and I had a voice directly in my head telling me something, seemingly a few sentences long, then it ended very abruptly with an extremely loud voice that sounded like it was said directly in my ear and it immediately shook me awake. I looked around and saw nothing on either side of myself. My friend was still in the same seated position and didn't appear to have noticed anything.

I have no memory of the words when I was in a trance/sleep state, only that I recall something being said. The final words that shook me awake I have full memory of, but am not comfortable sharing.

It's difficult to fully explain how strange this event was. I had words that were firm and persuasive inside my head that felt like they were categorically not mine. Maybe the diet of sausage, chips, and rum.

Comments

  1. This sounds like a parasomnia event, perhaps hypnopompic or hypnogogic. I have experienced Exploding Head Syndrome my entire life, although I never hear an explosion; I occasionally see a bright light shining into my mind when I'm trying to sleep, and rarely, voices. It is quite obnoxious.

    It seems that so many Experiencers experience the Phenomenon in altered states of consciousness. Dreams, fever dreams, sleep paralysis, hallucinogens, trances, religious euphoria, NDEs... I suspect schizophrenia and other forms of psychosis are also connected. But it sometimes manifests itself in "normal" waking life consciousness, too. All categories of encounter can alter someone's conceptions and life-path. In my experience, at least some of the Phenomenon has a connection to our own personal subconsciousness, perhaps as an outpouring of the subconscious mind.

    What are you yearning for, in your deepest mind? The Phenomenon seems to respond to that, which is why it so often reflects us, our concepts, our hopes and fears.

    I'd be curious to hear how your experience impacted your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I yearn for clarity of this experience of life and to better understand the dividing line between the objective and the subjective. Also, the relationship between the conscious and the subconscious.

      Your comments on the phenomenon reflecting us and our concepts are shockingly accurate, as the received and remembered part of the message from the event represents this entirely.

      The experience of this event prompted the creation of this blog and the associated posts.

      Delete

Post a Comment